- 2 mil nominal adhesive tape delivers exceptional peel and shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- Provides very high resistance to solvents and humidity
- Clear Polyester liner (PET) is a high-strength film liner that won't stretch during high-speed die cutting and dispensing and allows for visual inspection
- 200MP acrylic adhesive is considered the industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications
- Temporarily repositionable adhesive reduces rework
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 467MPF provides outstanding adhesion to metal and high surface energy plastics. Our 200MP adhesive delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. The tape is temporarily repositionable for placement accuracy. It also performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold temperatures. The clear polyester liner allows for easy inspection of parts
Excellent for Bonding to Metals and HSE Plastics
We've designed 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 467MPF with a 2.3 mil thick adhesive for applications such as splicing and laminating procedures using metals and HSE plastics. This high-performance adhesive delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. It is delivered on a clear, high-strength 2.0 mil polyester (PET) film liner which is excellent for rotary processing of graphic and die cut parts. This adhesive transfer tape also resists solvents, humidity and moisture, as well as heat (up to 400ºF/204ºC for short periods).
- Long term bonding of graphic nameplates and overlays (“subsurface” printed polycarbonate or polyester) to metal and high surface energy plastics
- Bonding metal nameplates, serial and rating plates
- Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches and bonding complete switches to equipment surfaces
- High speed processing of parts (medical components, durable labels, flexible circuits)
- Lamination to industrial foams for rotary die-cutting of gaskets
- Aerospace, medical and industrial equipment, automotive, appliance and electronics markets
Featuring 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
More than 30 years ago, 3M High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP set the standard for bonding metal and high surface energy plastics. Today, this high-performance adhesive provides even higher levels of performance, with exceptional peel and shear strength for precision bonding. It offers excellent moisture and solvent resistance which enable it to form resilient, durable bonds that conform to a wide variety of applications. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide outstanding shear strength to resist edge lifting and slippage. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP also offers excellent short-term heat resistance and will continue to perform at temperatures up to 400°F/204°C.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.