- Bonds a wide variety of substrates including metal, glass, wood, paper, paint and many plastics
- 55 lb. unbleached densified kraft liner allows for manual or hand applications
- 3M™ Adhesive 400 offers consistently strong bonds in temperatures up to 250°F/121°C
- Includes easy liner release for manual or hand application
- Designed for use with sub-surface graphics printing on polyester films and custom tamper-indicating labels
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9457 offers instant adhesion to metals, glass, wood, papers and plastics. It features an easy liner release for both manual and hand applications, which makes it a perfect choice for high-speed flying spices and zero splices on most grades of paper in commercial print applications.
Offers High UV, Humidity and Moisture Resistance
With our 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9457 you can keep production processes moving rapidly. Splicing foils, fabrics, films and papers has never been easier. This 1 mil, high-tack adhesive tape features an aggressive bond that adheres on contact. It has high UV, humidity and moisture resistance, and good solvent resistance. By using a robust 55 lb. densified kraft paper release liner, this tape provides reliable performance for industrial applications, such as die-cutting and automated dispensers.
- High-speed flying splices and zero speed splices on most grades of paper
- Splicing foils, films and fabrics
- Laminating adhesive for foams and photos
- Attaching metal and plastic nameplates
- Mounting promotional items and posters
- Core starting
3M™ Adhesive 400 Provides Good Holding Power
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9457 features aggressive 3M™ Adhesive 400, formulated for quick adhesion and good shear strength and holding power. This high performance adhesive offers a consistently strong bond in temperatures up to 250°F/121°C on a variety of substrates including metal, glass, wood, paper, paint and many plastics.
Understanding Adhesive Transfer Tapes
3M adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive provided on a special release liner. The tape consists of an adhesive layer only, and does not have any type of supporting carrier such as film, paper or tissue. For application the tape is positioned adhesive side down to a surface and the liner is removed, exposing the backside adhesive to the joining surface.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.