- 5 mil nominal 220 adhesive offers good sheer strength
- Thicker adhesives improve wet-out and adhesion on textured surfaces
- Good peel adhesion to HSE (high surface energy) materials
- PCK liner protects adhesive and peels away quickly for easy handling
- Economical solution for a variety of general bonding applications
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9505
features 3M™ Industrial Acrylic Adhesive 220, which provides a good bond
to HSE materials. This 5.0 mil adhesive is applied to a 4.2 mil
polycoated kraft (PCK) paper liner, which protects it until it is ready
to be bonded to the substrate.
Economical Solution for Durable Bonds
Featuring a thin 5.0 mil adhesive and a durable PCK liner, our 3M™
Adhesive Transfer Tape 9505 adds efficiency and ease of use to a range
of general industrial joining jobs. It features 3M™ Adhesive 220, which
is formulated for good initial adhesion to metal and HSE (high surface
energy) plastics. The thicker adhesive helps improve wet-out and
adhesion on textured surfaces.
- General industrial
- Metal bonding
- Painted metal bonding
- Applying nameplates, appliques and decorative trim to HSEs
- Graphic attachment
- Lamination to sub-surface printed polycarbonate, polyester graphic overlay materials
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive
pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is
simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled
off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet
requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and
low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in
high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters,
banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science
of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and
manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our
technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the
market faster and more efficiently.