- Ultra-high peel strength and excellent shear strength to withstand rigorous splicing applications
- High tack for flying splices
- Bonds well to most substrates, including low surface energy films
- Excellent UV resistance to withstand a variety of conditions
- Conformable to bond to irregular surfaces
- Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling
- Red option available for visible splicing applications
3Mô Double Coated Tape 9420 is a
clear polyester film tape with a super aggressive, pressure sensitive
acrylic adhesive and a glassine release liner. This tape uses a
hand-tearable polyester film that is coated on both sides with a heavy
layer of adhesive to allow for superior bonding and conformability to
irregular as well as flat surfaces.
Thick and Versatile
3Mô Double Coated Tape 9420 is a 6.5 mil double-sided tape utilizing a
0.5 mil hand-tearable polyester film carrier lined on both sides with
acrylic adhesive. It has a high coat weight and adheres well to low
surface energy substrates. This product provides excellent UV
resistance. Once bonded, this tape provides excellent peel and shear
strength Ė making it ideal for rigorous splicing applications and
bonding plastics to metals. 3Mô Double Coated Tape 9420 is mounted on a
55# glassine backing to enable ease of deployment. Notably, the tapeís
red color makes it visible in splicing applications.
- High speed splicing applications
- Applications where adhesion to low surface energy substrates is needed
- Bonding decorative trim, plastics and metal profile extrusions
- Attachment to irregular surfaces
- Seaming of vinyl banners
- Universal all-purpose bonding applications common to double coated tapes
3Mô Double Coated Tape 9420 is coated on both sides with an aggressive,
pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. This bonding agent provides an
ultra-high peel acrylic adhesive system that bonds well to most
substrates, including low surface energy plastics. It provides superior
bonding and conformability to irregular as well as flat surfaces.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue
carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive.
The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at
the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are
ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a
dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of
configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for
double coated tape are found in web processing, construction,
fabrication, arts and hobby industries, among others.