- Performs in the most demanding heavy-duty applications
- Resists wear and abrasion with a tough, ultra-thick, water-resistant backing
- Easily tears by hand
- Instantly grips a wide variety of surfaces with an aggressive rubber adhesive, including metal, glass, plastic and sealed concrete
- High tensile strength due to tightly woven scrim is ideal for bundling applications
- Rolls stay cleaner with low-tack roll sides
- Available in black
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a natural rubber adhesive, this very thick and strong tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly. 3M™ Super Duty Duct Tape DT17 is designed to provide a maximum-strength, long-lasting solution for even the most demanding heavy-duty applications. It instantly grips many surfaces including metal, glass, plastic and sealed concrete.
A Tape for the Toughest Jobs
Originally developed for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M™ Super Duty Duct Tape DT17 is considered the strongest 3M duct tape for jobs where the thickest tape is necessary. It can be applied in temperatures as low as 40°F and used in temperatures as high as 150°F for up to 30 minutes. Despite being the thickest 3M duct tape, the polyethylene backing can be torn from the roll by hand to stick instantly. It bonds firmly to many surfaces including plastic, glass and sealed concrete. It is ideal for jobs requiring strength, wear resistance or protection of covered surfaces. This tape is available exclusively in black.
- Abrasion resistance
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging poly (polyethylene drapes)
Built to Stick
3M’s family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of thicknesses and strengths, these tapes are known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.