- Diamond abrasive mineral removes material from the hardest of substrates fast
- Diamond abrasive grade range: 3, 6, and 10 microns
- Maintains flatness from grinding through finishing
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive backing for easy attachment
- No slurry to clean up and dispose of
- Use on your existing flat grinding and finishing equipment – no new capital expenditures
- Minimal part sub-surface damage
3M™ Trizact™ Industrial Diamond PSA Film Disc 673LA is constructed with micron-graded diamond particles, a resin bonding system and a highly uniform polyester 5-mil film backing laminated to a polycarbonate backing for support. This disc runs with an aqueous coolant and features a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) backing.
Flat, Fast and Fine
Ideal for flat lapping and rotary finishing of hard-to-grind materials, we designed 3M™ Trizact™ Industrial Diamond PSA Film Disc 673LA abrasives to address the challenges of speed, consistency and control for flat finishing, grinding and lapping of technical ceramics, glass and exotic metals.One of the hardest materials on earth, the sharp, angular structure of diamond mineral is ideal for coarse grind, to achieve part dimension and planarity and intermediate grind and pre-polish, to help reduce total cycle time.
To achieve precise surface parameters, the size, shape and surface of the abrasive is key to success. Consistent shape and size of abrasive mineral enables optimum material removal rates and constant uniform contact with the surface of the workpiece. Irregular size and shape can scratch or gouge. Trizact diamond abrasive features are engineered to be precisely-shaped, three-dimensional structures uniformly distributed over the surface of the backing. As these structures wear, fresh, sharp diamond abrasive is continually exposed to the workpiece — resulting in faster, more consistent cutting throughout the life of the material.
Finish Exotic Materials More Efficiently
3M Trizact Industrial Diamond PSA Film Disc 673LA abrasives work well on a wide range of demanding materials including:
- Tungsten carbide
- Ferroelectric ceramics
- Silicon nitride
- Silicon carbide
- Glass ceramics
- Various optical substrates
- Silicon wafer reclamation
Reduce Slurry Clean-up, Use Existing Equipment
These abrasives are 3M's time and money saving alternative to messy slurries and expensive fixed abrasive systems such as pellet laps. Designed to work with aqueous coolants, they reduce cleanup and toxic waste disposal issues associated with abrasive slurries. They can be used on your existing flat grinding and finishing equipment.
- Coarse grind, to achieve part dimension and planarity
- Intermediate grind and pre-polish, to help reduce total cycle time
- Typical Flat Part Processing Sequence
- Step 1: Grind to Flat (Blanchard Grinding) using 3M superabrasive wheels
- Step 2: Use 3M Trizact Diamond 673LA to produce finishes as fine as sub 1 μin Ra.