- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
Scotch-Brite™ EX2 Deburring Wheel is a convolute-constructed wheel that provides mid-range aggressiveness and hardness for deburring, edge radius, blending, polishing, and finishing. Our deburring wheel performs best when consistently presented with a sharp edge or metal burrs.
Our high performance combination of mineral (aggressiveness) and density (hardness) make the Scotch-Brite™ EX2 wheel uniquely suited to applications where a moderate degree of conformability, wheel hardness, and edge retention are needed. A unique resin system helps minimize smearing and reduces heat build-up. The EX2 Deburring Wheel runs cool and resists loading due to its open-web construction. We did this to reduce the risk of part discoloration and warping, while extending the life of the wheel. The EX2 Deburring Wheel is available in fine and medium grade abrasives.
Our Scotch-Brite™ EX2 Deburring Wheel is available with silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and finishing. Aluminum oxide is a hard, blocky mineral that provides high cut-rate and long life. While silicon carbide breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer finish.