- Stretch-resistant nylon film backing stays firm and runs smooth
- Aluminum oxide abrasive provides increased wear resistance and longer life
- Soft and conformable nonwoven material excels at light-pressure finishing
- Suitable for metals, whitewood sanding and composites
- Built-in lubricant helps belt run cooler
Scotch-Brite™ Finishing Film Backed Belt provides increased wear resistance and longer life when used for light-pressure finishing applications. A built-in lubricant helps it run cooler, reduce loading and increase belt life. A-Very Fine Belts can be used in place of cork belts, buffs and compounds, rag wheels with compounds, coated abrasive belts and flap wheels and bristle brushes.
Enhanced Performance in Fine Finishing and Polishing Operations
Scotch-Brite™ Finishing Film Backed Belt features very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive for consistent, high-quality finishes on stainless steel, harder aluminum alloys and carbon steel. This abrasive produces excellent results in coating removal, whitewood defuzzing, scuffing on laminate and many other applications. Not only does the film backing run extra smooth, but it also stands up to use with water or oil.
Durable Aluminum Oxide Abrasive
Aluminum oxide is a tough, durable abrasive that provides fast cut-rate and long life, and is widely used in grinding as well as sanding and finishing applications.
- Restaurant/Food Service equipment (Dairy and Pharmaceutical) — Finishing
- Fabricated metal — Finishing
- Aerospace — Blending, finishing and coating removal on composites and metals. Scuffing composites and metals for recoating
- Athletic equipment — Ski tuning, wax application and ski manufacturing, scuffing prior to lacquer
- Furniture manufacturing — White wood defuzzing, sealer sanding/scuffing
- Plastic/Wood laminates — Deburring and finishing
- Jewelry — Fine satin finishing
The Scotch-Brite™ Advantage
Nonwoven technology makes Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives unique. A combination of fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral forms a thick, open web. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece, which in turn reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance and extremely long service life. From aesthetic finishing to weld blending, deburring and more, Scotch-Brite™ abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part.